The BCA’s Achievements at a Glance
The college’s achievements so far include the following:
- The college was started on the 2nd November 2005
- BCA started by offering 2 courses i.e. Computer Studies and Accounting
- Presently BCA is a total of seven (7) courses i.e. Accounting, Computer studies,Business Management, secretarial Studies and Store keeping.
- The student population has risen from five (5) in 2005 to 250 in 250.
- The number of Tutors has risen from three (3) in 2005 to thirteen (13) in 2018 BCA has been registered with the TVETA i.e. Registration number is TVETA/PRIVATE/TVS/0153/2016 A1.
- BCA has received three (3) KASNEB Awards so far CPA section l class of June 2009 recorded the best results i.e. out of 11 candidates, 9 passed whereas 2 were referred.
- Students who have gone through BCA have been absorbed in the job market especially as Bursars in the local secondary’ schools and in accounts of financial institutions and also as secretaries in different institutions.
Expected outputs, outcomes and impact
The college is expected to deliver outputs and outcomes as well as have some longer lasting impact as follows:
- The expected out puts will include:
- Produce well equipped graduands for the job market
- Equitable positioning of BCA, organs and structures